1. Light a candle. You can do this at church and say a prayer, or do it at home and feel the warmth of their memory.
2. Make a quilt out of their old clothes.
3. Hold a memorial service or candlelight vigil.
4. Finish any projects they were working on.
5. Bring flowers to their grave and keep the area well-tended.
6. Cook their favorite meal. The aroma and taste will bring back amazing memories.
7. Make a scrapbook of their life.
8. Get a tattoo of their name or of their handwriting.
9. Reach out to family and friends who are also grieving and share stories about the departed.
10. Plant a tree or have one planted.
11. Read their favorite books.
12. Volunteer for their favorite causes, or give a donation in their name.
13. Plant a flower or vegetable garden and put in a decoration that reminds you of them.
14. Hold a charity drive in their name for food, toys or something to help others.
15. Wear their favorite perfume or cologne.
16. Write a letter and air anything that may have been left unsaid.
17. Adopt a section of highway in their name.
18. Sing their favorite song.
19. Complete their bucket list.
20. Sponsor a bench or brick at one of their favorite places.
21. Participate in some of their favorite hobbies, even if you have a lot to learn about them.
22. Make amends with someone you've been avoiding.
23. Frame something they've written, like a poem or a recipe.
24. Remember them during life events like weddings, anniversaries, and holidays.
25. Live your life in a way that would make them proud. Finish (or go back to) school, have adventures, and be happy. It's what they would have wanted for you.